The impressive list of national accolades for College Station continues to grow.
Texas A&M today announced that Simple Dollar, an online publication that offers financial guidance, has named College Station as the sixth most affordable college town in the nation.
“It’s such a privilege to be home to a world-class university,” College Station Mayor Nancy Berry said. “Our low tax rate makes College Station highly attractive, but it’s really more than that. People are moving here for our public schools, healthcare, green spaces, new industry and, increasingly, to retire in the same place where they spent the best years of their lives — at Texas A&M.”
The Simple Dollar top 10 affordable college towns:
- Knoxville, Tenn. (Tennessee)
- Cookeville, Tenn. (Tennessee Tech)
- Conway, Ark. (Hendrix College)
- Cedar City, Utah (Southern Utah)
- Gainesville, Fla. (Florida)
- College Station, Texas (Texas A&M)
- Bloomington, Ind. (Indiana)
- Muncie, Ind. (Ball State)
- Kalamazoo, Mich. (Western Michigan)
- Tuscaloosa, Ala. (Alabama)
Here’s the link to A&M’s story:
College Station Ranked Among Nation’s Top 10 Most Affordable College Towns